How a False Religious Theory of Knowledge Destroyed Ancient and Modern Science and Medicine
American’s healthcare system is in the midst of a tremendous financial and medical crisis and on the verge of collapse. Its cost is careening out of control – over two and a half trillion dollars annually and climbing. Despite the nation’s colossal expenditure on healthcare, epidemics of chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer and diabetes are sweeping over the land. The gigantic health delivery establishment has itself become the third leading cause of death in America. In the face of these dismal facts the author asks some penetrating questions:
- If America has the finest healthcare system in the world why are epidemics of chronic degenerative diseases sweeping the land?
- Why is the treatment of disease the third leading cause of death?
- Is medical science failing us?
- Is pharmaceutical medicine part of the problem in causing diseases and in ramping up the cost of healthcare?
Through a fascinating survey of medical, scientific and philosophical history, Whisper of the Serpent makes a case that a false, rationalistic view of science and medicine has led to a drug dependence that keeps a powerful cartel of business, medical and political interests in control of our health. But drugs never cure diseases Attorney Henderson convincingly argues that if our concept of science is false, our medicine will be false. Reviewing 2,500 years of the conflict between drug-based medicine and nutritional-based medicine, from Hippocrates to the present, Whisper of the Serpent is a scientific indictment of the flawed policy of managing the symptoms of chronic diseases by poisonous drugs, without seriously attempting to discover or reverse the root causes of the diseases. Challenging conventional medical wisdom he concludes that:
- Modern pharmaceutical medicine is false science, a rationalistic system of thought, masquerading as true science and is destroying our health.
- The non-emergency and routine use of poisonous drugs to manage, but not cure, the symptoms of chronic diseases is nothing short of criminal.
- Pharmaceutical medicine has become big business and is not about your health.
- A New Dark Age is descending over American science and medicine menacing our health and our lives.
- Our medical freedom to choose our remedies is fast slipping away from us.
Part 2 of the Whisper of the Serpent attorney Henderson documents in gripping detail our gradual loss of medical freedom before an ever growing government-sponsored medical monopoly blinded by a false concept of science. The author ends with the prophetic warning of Dr. Benjamin Rush, signer of the Declaration of Independence and member of the Continental Congress, that “unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship: To restrict the art of healing to one class of men and deny equal privileges to others will constitute the Bastille of medical science.” That time has come. How long will it take our nation to reintroduce the principles of rational, truly scientific medicine into health care—principles which are as old as Hippocrates? That depends upon all of us, collectively standing up to the elite that now rule over us. Enough is enough. Nothing less will secure our liberties.